Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help.. Only administrators can log in to OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

golson

MIS
Jan 22, 2002
US
I just moved my Exchange 5.5 from a NT4 domain controller to a Win 2k member server(still a NT4 domain). The problem I am having is that only users that are members of the Local administrators group on the 2k member server can access OWA. Regular users can't get past the initial login screen, the golden screen never comes up. I am running sp4 on the exchange and I gave the everyone group logon localy rights on the member server. There is somthing I am missing, is there a IIS config that I need to set? I really don't want to add everyone to the local administrators group.

Change the authentication option for the exchange folders. Instead of Basic Auth use NTLM then you don't have to worry about the members having the "logon locally" right. You get better security.

I can't even get regular users to get past the initial log in screen. The only way I can is if I add them to the administrators group. I don't want to add them to that group. I did try canging authenication to NTLM when I did I did not even get the login screen I went straight to a page that said access denied.

Try removing the everyone group and adding a different group like domain users. I ran into a similiar problem when I added a group called OWA users and it stopped working after awhile even though the group was still listed in the logon local group. I removed it and added domain users and it worked fine. Recreated the OWA users and switched back and it works fine.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back