Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help on total for grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

memewang

MIS
Jan 25, 2007
US
I have a report desiged as following and having trouble getting the total. The report is group by aging bucket. Can somebody please help?

Aging <30 days (group header1)
Tras# Dollar amt userid
a234 50 aaa444
a234 50 cxd565
5678 100 ddh588

[total of dollar amt]** i only want to total 100+50 and display the total at the correct GF section.

Aging > 31 days (group header 2)

Tras# Dollar amt userid
a555 50 aaa444
a555 50 cxd565
5678 200 ddh588

Add a group on Tras #. Create a running total for dollar amount. Evaluate the running total on change of group Tras #. Reset the running total on change of group Aging Bucket. Place running total in group footer 2.

MrBill

Thanks for the help. I am pretty new to crystal. Can you please tell me how to create rnning total and reset the running total on chnage of group trans# and group aging bucket??

thanks a lot

There is a function called running total. You'll find it in the Field Explorer. Right click on "Running Total Fields" and click on NEW.

A box opens up that takes you right through what you need. Make a name for your total, choose the field you're summarizing, make the type of summary SUM.

You're going to evaluate on change of field Tras#, and reset on change of group (whatever your group name is).

To make this work, I'm assuming you have already set it to sort by Tras# so that they all appear together, and that the dollar amt field is always the same for each entry for a specific tras#.

If that's not the case, you'll need a different solution.

thanks, it worked. but how can I get the grand total to appear on my footer page. ex. group #1 running total is 150 and group #2 running total is 100. I need the grand total of 250 to show on my report footer.

thanks a lot

Create another Running Total and Don't reset it. ..Or.. Create a Formula and add the two running totals. Place the running total or the formula in the Report Footer

i tried to create another running total and leaving the reset as "never" and evaluate as "on change of group (2nd aging group) but it didn't work. do you know where i did wrong or can you please help me with creating the formula for summing up the two total from two groups.

thanks a lot.

Leave the running total set up the same way as you had it for the group running totals. Just change the reset to never.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back