Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help On Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallProgram

Programmer
Feb 6, 2002
IN
Hello Folks,
Iam a Novice user of JavaScript.
Can any one tell me how to add the Print Option so That I can be able to Print the Webpage in to parts.
Thanks in Advance.
Mallik. Programmer,Amatuer

Hi,

Do you just want to call up the print function? E.g. the same as going to file>print?

james

I know that window.print() works but only with Nescape, does anyone know something with IE too?

fash24,

window.print(); works fine in IE...I use it all the time.

hello jemminger,

i am facing an problem that window.print() not print thr whole page when i called in new window.

thus u know why this happen.

is there any parameter by which i can make it compulsary to print the whole page without a word left.

wish u understand my problem.

Harshad

window.print() prints the whole page unless you change a setting in the print dialog box that comes up.

Is there a way to just print certain parts of a page, not the whole thing?

Thanks!

Put the parts you want to print into a separate page, like maybe a popup window, and then just print that. Other than that, you either have to print everything or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back