Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Oracle Package body

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit01

Programmer
Oct 16, 2007
US
I have 2 oracle packages package_1 and package_2 with the same sets of functions and procedures inside the package. procedure_x in both packages call package_a from the same package body. The procedures with same perform different job in the 2 packages.
My problem is when I execute procedure_a from procedure_a inside the package_1 it's calling procedure_a of package_2.

Any idea why that should happen?

If you don't prefix it with the name of the package, then I don't see how it could call a procedure in a different package. It's possible you have a non-packaged procedure with the same name and it is calling that instead.

There is no non-packaged procedure with the same name. This is very intriguing. I don't know how that could happen, but it's happening.

abhijit,

Just to help confirm behaviours, can you please run the code with fully qualified package references when calling the packaged procedures?

Let us know the results.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back