Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on old school BBS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisinsight

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2006
GB
I run an old Excalibur BBS system, which is no longer supported by the programmer and I want my callers to be able to play MP3's from the BBS.

I can already call a URL from within the BBS from a link, but I cant forward additional commands from it, just the basic URL.

And I have an MP3 player which I can call from a "play music" button on the main page.

I need an invisible page that will refresh and pass the additional commands on like the button.

The button works like this

<input type=\"button\" class=\"button\" value=\"Play Music\" style='text-align:center; 'cursor: pointer; cursor: hand'

title=\"Imcon mp3 player\" onclick=\"window.open(' 'sample', 'toolbar=no,

location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=300,height=300')\" />

Here is what I want to do:

I want to be able to call a popup that opens the mp3 player in sized window with no toolbar etc and then closes.

So the BBS caller will only see the resized MP3 player (just like it happens from the "play music" button on

The code for the resized MP3 player window is PHP:

<?php

$caption = "Imcon mp3 player";
$text = "
<div class='center'><body bgcolor='#3B3D3D' text='#C0C0C0' link='#C0C0C0' vlink='#C0C0C0' alink='#C0C0C0'>
<br />
-=|=-
<br />
<input type=\"button\" class=\"button\" value=\"Play Music\" style='text-align:center; 'cursor: pointer; cursor: hand'

title=\"Imcon mp3 player\" onclick=\"window.open(' 'sample', 'toolbar=no,

location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=300,height=300')\" />
<br />
-=|=-
</div>
";
$ns -> tablerender($caption, $text);

?>

The BBS website is and if you want to visit the BBS, the program used to connect is

I have gone so far as to "cobble" together 2 scripts I found, but when the popup tries to close, I get a confirm message from the original page saying do you want to close.

See
Can someone explain to me the way to make this forward the commands and close invisibly please?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back