Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Form -> Form Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Sep 7, 2002
US
I have a database set up kind of like northwind to track my office supplies. I have (Form 1) which is a mainform for categories with a subform that lists all the products under that category. I have a add to shopping cart feature also that appends a query into (Form 2) in form two the Mainform is Order # and Date with the subform of the items in the shopping cart, and extra info such as how many to order and total price. That all works fine, or so I thought. What happens is nothing appears until I type an order # in on the mainform(2) and then the items appear, but even when you change the Mainforms recordset the same items are in the subforms. I want those items to save to the one record and then I can run some kind of Macro to clear the items from the shopping cart, right now my problem is getting the order items to save under the Order Form. Any ideas??
FO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back