Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovan40

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
US
I have a Flash SWF in my html page. When looking at server copy, on different monitors the html file is distorted. Is there any way to stop the distortion?

Can you give us a URL? - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Ok. Had a look. I can only assume you have some reason for doing that whole thing has an SWF. It is static isn't it, or am I missing something?

Anyway, because I can't see behind your movie, here are some guesses.The logo graphics and pix are distorted because of dimension mismatches ( the pictures are probably in a frame that is not the same proportions as the pix). The logo is distorted because it is a bit map, or it has been derived as a bit map, and it is a different size to its originating art. (Again ... guess).

Do not EVER resize a graphic in a page code generator, like DW or FLASH. Make your graphics in your originating program at exactly the dimensions and proportions you are going to specify in the FLASH frame or DW page, then place them, then LEAVE 'EM ALONE. This means a bit of tooling around for a while, until you work out that a pixel in your production software rulers is say, 1.35 pixels in flash ( no two rulers are ever the same in graphics software). After that you get graphics which are crisp and clean all the time.

The next point is...why FLASH? I mean, if it's a static effort why not some software that simpy plonks it into the browser?

Just curious . . .
- "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back