Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Crystl32.dep

Status
Not open for further replies.

victora

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
Pls help!.
I have a VB6.0 program that prints a report using Crystal Report. (Actually, I initially developed the report in CR10)My back-end is an MS SQL server 2000. It works on my development PC but when I run the Package and Deployment Wizard I have this error:

"Unexpected error number 80010108 has occured.Automation error. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

Also, I came across resolution from Crystal(or rather BO) and Microsoft site involving modification of a Crystl32.dep but the problem is, I cannot even find that file in my pc! Is it a hidden file? Is there any other get-around with this?

What can I do to resolve this.
Thank you in advance...

Have you resolved your problem?

I was standing in the park, wondering why frisbees got bigger as they came closer... then it hit me!

yes, thank you. I already modified crystl32.dep as per george tip and was able to create an installation exe. But thats not the end of my dll problems; during installation, there's an error to the effect of 'cannot register a dll...'

I came accross this and resolved my problem:
Now I'm a happy camper...I'm ready full speed on developing an in-house reporting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back