Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliwu

Technical User
Apr 17, 2014
I bought an used BCM50 phone system and couldn't get into the system, so I did level 1 (or level 2) reset on the system (huge mistakes here)

I now am able to get into the system but I lost all the keycode. Could someone kindly tell me what I need in order to get this system working?

system name: bcmm50r2
system software version: 6.0.2.05.237

Thank you,

You need to contact any authorized Avaya dealer to have them retrieve the keys for you.
You will need to supply them the System ID of the BCM.

They will probably charge you a fee for their time.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just to let people know who ran into the same situation as I was. There is another possible method to retrieve the erased license file from either level 1/2 reset. It is to use data recovery and I was able to successfully recover the erased file and put it back into the system.

I was able to retrieve the license file by using data recovery software and put it back into the system successfully. Now, I just need to configure the system.

I always use a Linux reader to save the license file from the hard drive before I do a reset. But that's another technique that would work in a pinch. I might be able to recover the license files from the BCM's that have been reset at a company I do some work for. Thanks for the idea.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I encountered a similar issue on a BCM 50 a few weeks ago. I was able to find the original license file on a thumb drive and load it. It got me to thinking though, is there a way to export or retrieve the current license information and keep a copy of it so that I don't always have to use the KRS? Sometimes these systems are in closets or boiler rooms where there is no internet connection and I would like to have an alternative method to reinstall license files.

I found out there is a bad sector on the hard drive I recovered so I would like to replace it with a new hard drive. Anyone is kind enough to provide BCM50 R3 factory image? I have tried the Avaya website but download link doesn't seem to work.

If can't get the image, another option may be to re-use BCM50 and turn it into gateway to a UCx50 system by replacing in a SSD drive. You can keep existing phones, same cabling, also support most of *codes.

The BCM release 3 hard disk image in Acronis True Image backup format is on the support.avaya.com website.

I don't think you need to do anything special to get access to that one. Just register a support portal account.
You will need a basic copy of Acronis True Image to restore it.
Acronis True Image 2014

You can get a smaller sized Intel SSD to replace the old broken drive. (Intel seem to have good track record of compatibility but most SSD devices will work) Maximum size to get would likely be 120GB. It will only "see" the first 80GB of the disk but it's not a terrible idea to keep part of an SSD empty so the drive will reallocate sectors automatically on a device that doesn't support TRIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back