Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on batch processing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FB9

Technical User
Oct 14, 2006
US
I want to batch process a number of files as follows: I want to resize the photo, then do a “save for web” to a different folder with a different file name, then close the original without saving. I have set up the action to resize the file, save for web, and close the original without saving. When I batch process this, however, the save-for-web goes to the folder which I specified in the action rather than the location specified in the batch job, and the file names are the same as the original, rather than as specified in the batch job. It doesn’t seem to make a difference whether I check “Override Action ‘Save As’ Commands” or not.

Is there a way to do this??! It’s a frequent task for me!

Have you tried re-recording the save for web action to the desired folder, rather than the original location? The Override Save As is definitely quirky! Another common problem is using an pre-specified action while recording an action. Example: You have image size specifications set up for F5, and you press F5 while recording your new action.

Thanks... yes, that's an option (to re-record it), but I was hoping not to have to do that. And the renaming part doesn't work either...

double-click the save part of the action and change the path to the desired one - also look to make sure that you didn't specify a name when you recorded the action.

Next, look at the batch settings. Have you set any naming options?
Set the destination to either 'Save and Close' or 'None'. The destination is outlined in your batch and is not needed here.

Simon Clements-Hawes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back