Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! - Object invoked has disconnected from its clients? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

youwhat

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
GB
When trying to package a VB6 project (after successfully compiling it) I get the following error :

'unexpected error number 80010108 has occurred. Automation error. The object has disconnected from its clients.'

Does anyone have a clue wht this might be referencing as i cant find any help anywhere.

Thanks, Sue.

I am using crystal 8.5 (newly installed) and have never had this problem before, despite having managed to packege this particular application using the previous version of crystal.

The question was: Are you using the Crystal OCX??!! Not if you are using CR in you project.

Ok, so if you areusing the OCX, then go to the Windows System directory and search for the Crystl32.Dep file, open it with an editor, and comment out the following lines (because there is a circular reference here) by adding semi-colons at the beginning of each:

[CRPE32.DLL]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Uses1=CRPE32.dll
Uses2=

Save the file and try again.

When trying to package a VB6 project (after successfully compiling it) I get the following error :

'unexpected error number 80010108 has occurred. Automation error. The object has disconnected from its clients.'

I tried the solution given by you.I couldn't find any file named Crystl32.Dep .But when I remove Crpe32.dll file while packaging ,it makes the package without any error.Please help me out.

Assuming you are using CR 8.5 and using the CR OCX in your project:

Do another complete search for the dependency file. If still not successful, then de-install CR and then install CR anew. Then search the file: Crystl32.Dep, then make the changes.

[sub]General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Hi all,

I've been trying to package a VB6 project but have had problems. The package and deployment wizard popups the next message:

Error 28: Out of stack space.

I'm using Crystal Reports 8.5 by the first time. I tried everything but it doesn't see enough.

I did what the programmer CCLINT said in some threads but it doesn't work.

I'm desperate, I have to give this project as soon as possible and don't know how to solve the problem. Please, help me.

Well, sorry I cannot help. This is the only error I am aware of, unless you Changed the code in Setup1.

There may be some other dependency file from another third party component that is causing a similar problem.
I would remove any "foreign" components from your list of files in the P&D, until the error doesn't happen anymore, (or, if needed, from your project), and add them back one-by-one until you find the problem..

Thanks for all CCLINT,

I have solved the problem. And the problem was (as we know) the file crpe32.dll

While I was trying to package my application, just unchecked this file when the P&D app show every file that is goint to be included.

Well, I just copy this file into the installation directory right after the installation of my app.

I've been thinking in a self-extraction file to assure this file is provided to my app.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your response.
Strange that the provided solution didn't work in your case, as it seems to work elsewhere.

Did you add the semi-colons to the lines mentioned above, in doing so commenting them out, or better, just remove them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back