Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!! Nortel tek in a pinch.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaxxpbxtek

Vendor
Feb 3, 2006
US
I need to switch out a UPS that has three systems on it....a NORSTAR , OPT 61 and a Definity....I got the Norstar and the OPT 61.............HOW do I down a difinity and then bring it back up and stat it to make sure all is good???????

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut...

It will depend on the flavor of Definity. At the top of this page, look under the FAQ's. Their are power down and up procedures for most all of them there. If you what to find out what system the Definity is, on the sat type in "newterm". That will list the system and version of software for you. The main thing to do is "save translations" and then do a backup of those translations by doing a "backup disk" (both full) in a duplicated system. Let me know if you need more help with this.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back