Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help needed with sm56 and soundblaster live 5.1 incompatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhidul

Programmer
Aug 17, 2003
AU
Hi

I've been using a motorola sm56 speakerphone modem in my windows xp computer for sometime without any problem. recently I upgraded my pc with new mobo,ram, cpu, soundcard and speaker. I also downloaded and installed the latest xp driver from motorola. However thats when the problems started. It starts disconnecting me within 5 minutes of connecting to my ISP. I then started browsing all the modem help forums and upon their advice lowered my connection speed to to 28.8 and disabled all the new protocols(k56flex, v.90). After that the connection does stay for longer time( 1-2 hrs, sometimes even 3 hrs) but it still does not allow me to stay for 5 hrs. Then I decided to install everything from scratch and decided to see exactly what is conflicting with my modem. As it turned out it works fine until I install my soundcard drivers. Uninstalling the soundcard drivers also makes it work fine again.

Is there any fix for it without purchasing a new modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back