Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed with Paragraph spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BChellberg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2004
US
I am working in PM7 in XP home. I have a document in which I want to make a new paragraph from several lines within the existing para. When I do the last line of the new paragraph wants to use the same spacing above it (actually paragraph spacing) as is below it in the following para. [I have the "before = .03" setting throughout the doc.] When I go in and select the line in question and set both the "before" and "after" =0 it makes no difference. Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing? Thanks for your help in advance.
Bill

Open your text in the story editor (place the text tool cursor in the text and hit Ctrl+E)

PM styles apply to complete paragraphs only; from one para marker (¶) to the next.

So just a couple of lines need to be separated at either end by para markers. Use the Style palette to save your styles.

To remove all foramtting, clcik "[no style]", assuming your defualt style has 0 spacing before and after. Then re-apply your new style.

You may need adjust the "space below" of the previous para and "space above" of the follwing para to get the effect you need.

(I'm doing this from memory as I rarely use PM these days and no longer have an installed copy at hand to check. Sorry.)

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back