Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed with NAS to NAS replication not working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesick1337

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2011
US
Hello,

Currently I have 2 NAS systems. 1 NAS in Town and 1 NAS in a Country area of Hawaii.

These Nas use a File Replication Service to cause each NAS to Mirror each other. We have been using this for about 4 years without issue. Recently out Network guy quit and this problem happened a few months later. We are at a lost as to why it happened. For now we all write to the Town Nas till we can get the Country NAS up and running.

This is fine for the town users who write to there NAS how ever the country users complain about the time to write to it.

The issue is the user is not able authenticate off the country NAS. We unsure why. How ever the user can authenticate off the Town on just fine.

How should we go about solving this? We have backs ups up to date and wanted a opinion on what steps we should take and what could be the problem.

My co workers are speculating if its something to do with a distributed File System, the file replication services or the IPsec communication.

Again I just cant even authenticate when trying to connect anymore.

If anyone has any idea on what we should take a look at please let me know.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back