Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed with IBM Xseries 235 RAID Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwaters

Technical User
Dec 18, 2007
CA
I've got an IBM Xseries 235 server with a IBM ServRAID-5i RAID controller. I've updated all frimware using the "IBM Update Xpress CD" and all hardware seems to pass all diagnostics.

I've been trying for a week to install 3 36.4GB U160 SCSI HDDs. The "IBM ServeRAID Manager" starts up fine, detects the controller but will not detect the new HDDs. Any advice any one could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

What happens when you boot to the raid manager? Do you get a message or something? Does it give you the option for an express or custom config?

Boot to ctrl-i mini config program, advance functions and do a restore to factor defaults. See if you get the IDs for the drives, controller and backplane.

i have the same server except mine is model 4AX my message say this system does not support the device driver set and the mass storage device failed. help...please

What controller do you have? What driver are you using? Do you have a raid array setup?

You really need to provide details if you want people to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back