Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed with formula for a view

Status
Not open for further replies.

yim11

MIS
Jun 26, 2000
US
Hello,

I am working on a view in Notes [4.6a] and am having trouble with a formula. The formula I have now is:

SELECT Form="Sample Login"&deliver!="China"&(DateReceived>=[07/01/2002])

Which works well, but the manager wants a little more added to it...

Specifically, I need to NOT display any records that have "completed" or "released" in the Status field - but after 2 weeks from todays date...

So if today is 7-1-02, then on 7-14-02 I would expect all records that have 'Released' or 'Completed' NOT to be displayed.

I think the pseudo-code would something like:
IF status =&quot;Released&quot; or &quot;Completed&quot; AND (CompletionDate + 14 days) <= Today THEN display information
ELSE IF status=&quot;Released&quot; or &quot;Completed&quot; AND (CompletionDate + 14 days) > Today THEN do not display information.

The only advice I've received thus far says I will need an agent for the date calculations, which I hope isn't true since I have no experience at all with agents.

If anyone can provide any insight into this I would be VERY grateful!

Thanks in advance!!
-jim

it's a bit too early for me to come up with the complete answer, but you might want to look into the @adjust command (designer helpdb) that one might be usefull in acheiving the desired result.

Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

As woonjas said,hope this will be helpful:

CompleteDate < @Adjust(@Today; 0; 0; -14; 0; 0; 0)
----------------------------------------
Power up your Notes/Domino if you know how to use it!
Q1: what is power?
Q2: what is up?
Q3: what is Notes/Domino? *&%$#@
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back