Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed with charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgon1

Technical User
Nov 5, 2005
CA
Hello

I am trying to do a line chart in CR9 where several years' information is shown together on the same chart for comparison purposes, but i've come across some obstacles.

Data
X axis is sales information summarized by month and sorted on a fiscal year end date of Aug - July.
Y axis is the dollar amount

? I want to have an accumulated value shown (running total) from beginning of the first period until the end of the fiscal year. Example:
MO Sales/MO YTD
July 100 100
Aug 50 150
Sept 75 225

I've figured out how to layer the years on top of each other but I can't seem to get the running total values (in the above example the value for each month should be YTD amount).

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

If all else fails, this kind of data (with a running total) would make a good waterfall chart. We support this in our CRChart charting add-in for CR, but it may be available in a newer version of CR?

-Dan

DISCLAIMER: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back