Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed setting up HP printer using wireless access point

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKSinAZ

MIS
Mar 20, 2006
US
Just bought a brand new HP CP1518ni color laser and a Apple Airport Express (wireless access point). I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Apple Airport Express is already.

Printer directions state not to power up printer before software installation, however during software installation I get a message stating that the software is not compatible with Windows 7 (It is compatible with Vista). So after recieving this message, I downloaded HP's Windows 7 64 bit driver and attempted to install.

Before pressing the INSTALL icon, I plugged in my printer and inserted usb cable into wireless access point. I then pressed the SETUP icon. It asked if this printer was on a network or wireless. I answered YES. It did a search and could not find my printer. Printer and access point are only 10 feet away from wireless router.

Can someone assist me?

You said you plugged the usb cable into the wireless access point. I think you are supposed to plug the usb cable into the computer during setup.

Sorry
I thought the printer itself was wireless. Ignore my
comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back