Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed pc infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

willcuk19

Vendor
Dec 19, 2009
GB
hi, i recently got infected with maleware pretending to be a anti virus programme i searched all over the internet and found out how to get rid of by using safe mode and then a maleware/spyremover ,i sucessfully got rid of it and it does not pop up no more but the problem is everytime i load my pc up it crashes after several minutes please could anyone help ,cheers

Does the crash have an error message? What were you infected with and what did you use to clean it?

For starters, Open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow to run the system file checker (assuming that you're using a recent version of Windows, since you haven't even provided that information)

no the crash does not heav a error message,it either freezes or the mouse does not LET me click on anything
and i used a online scanner called bit defender and iam using XP

A friend of mine had a very similar issue. If you are like he was, you are still infected. By the way, if you have either Norton or Mcafee antivirus, do not install Antivir described below unless you want to remove them first. As they will conflict. Which if you are running either, I would highly suggest removing them and installing Antivir in its place. That is just my opinion though.

Download antivir from the link below, configure it the way listed below, and run a full system scan with it in safe mode. Post back and let us know your results.

Configure antivir
Right click on the logo in the taskbar(a red square with a white umbrella), then left click configure. Towards the top left, you will see a box beside expert mode. Check this box. Now click the + beside scanner, and now the + beside scan. This will expand them.

Now click on scan itself to where it is highlighted. Now to the right under files, select the circle beside all files. Now click on action for concerning files. To the right, click the circle beside automatic. Now to the right of that, set primary action to repair and secondary action to delete. DO NOT check the box that says "copy file to quarantine before action".

Now click on archives to where it is highlighted. Make sure all boxes on this page are checked, if not check them. Now click on heuristic. To the right under win32 file heuristic, check the box beside "win32 file heurisitic", then click the circle beside medium detection level.

Now click the + beside guard and the + beside scan to expand them. Now click on scan to where it is highlighted. To the right under scan mode, check "scan when reading and writing". To the right of that under files, click the circle beside "all files".

Now click on heuristic to where it is highlighted. Check the box beside win32 file heuristic, and then click the circle beside medium detecion level. Now click ok and antivir is now setup for scanning. I highly reccomend doing a scan now.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

hi thank you for ur help i have sucessfully removed the fake anti virus software but now i have another problem,i think it has effected my dvd burner cause on nero it says no device even though my burner is in good condition and nearly enuff new and i have tried different types of burning software and it says the same thing please can you help cheers

If you are on xp or 2000, right click on my computer and left click manage. Then click on device manager. From there you should see a section that says DVD/CDROM drives. Right click on it and left click uninstall, then restart the computer. It should automatically reinstall after that.

Let us know what happens

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

hi i have done everythin u av told me but still no luck it only lets me record the image to my harddrive but not actully burn the dvd =(

What version of windows are you running?

hi i have done that and still no luck and i have tried the windows xp cd-dvd patch aswell this is really getting on my nerves now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back