Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed on remote access choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgstech

Technical User
Dec 16, 2001
GB
I work in a primary school which is currently having an IT room built. I would like to be able to train staff with them seeing what is on my screen and also for teachers to demonstrate to children. Can anyone recommend any software that can be used for this and if possible at a budget price.
thanks in advance for your help.
:)

Symantec's PC Anywhere might do the trick. With this software, you can remote control any pc and the GUI interface shows the desktop of the pc you are controlling. As for demostrations, you may need to find an alternative.

This shouldn't run too expensive. Maybe someone else knows a cheaper solution?

I don't know if PC Anywhere or a similar type app is what you are looking for. You'd need licenses for each client (expensive), and I may be wrong on this, but I think it only lets 1 other PC connect to yours, so only 1 could "see" what you were doing on your desktop. Not very useful if you are trying to demonstrate for lots of people at once.
I think your best bet is a simple digital projector. You connect it to your video card, and it acts just like a monitor, casting your display up on a wall or screen. That way everyone could see what you are doing, you wouldn't have to spend a bunch of time installing and configuring software, and I don't think they cost too much. Look around in auctions or discounters.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back