Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed logging into a Tadiran t208m IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapplejacks

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
Hello please bare with me as I am new to this website.

I purchased two Tadiran t208m IP phones at my local goodwill for $2.50 seeing as how I am new to the IT game I thought this would be good time to learn how IP phones work so, I got an old computer and installed the freepbx distro on it. All is well but when I try to log into my IP phone with the IP address they were given I can't seem to get past the log in window. I've tried resting the phones with no luck, this involved holding down only the reset button while the phone was on until the computer and phone lights flashed on and then off. After and before I did the reset the phone screen said "Trying DNS Server . . ."

Is there a way I can restore this phone to factory settings so I can log in to it?

What are the factory log in credentials?

Are there any possible ways around this log in screen, or am I just doing something wrong, or possibly my phones are broken?

Currently running freepbx distro build date 14-02-2014:
Asterisk 11.11.0
FreePBX 2.11.0.38

On a Raspberry PI model B (quad-core, 1 gb ram, 4 USB ports)

Using a Cisco WS-C3750-48P connecting the PI to the Tadiran Telecom IP Phones using PoE. (I don't plan on having to many phones connected to the PI this is just a learning lab i am trying to make)

Uplink of the Cisco WS-C3750-48P goes to my gateway router

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back