Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed in fixing the following windows xp errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan

Technical User
Oct 8, 2005
NL
Hi all. i am have lap top that is running xp pro and i get the following annoying error each time i start my laptop. i run ad aware,spy bot search and destroy, tune up utilitie 2004 and avast virus scan but i could not fix the errors. It keep coming each time i start my laptop. i can not even install McAfee VirusScan 8.0 Pro since it gives an error when i instal it. i even installed repair instalation and did not fix the problem. could an expert help me fix these problems.Thanks

note:errors pics are in the pic below

errors.jpg

well one thing is you have spyware. my usual way of cleaning them is
1. turn off system restore. download Mcafee Stinger from run it in safe mode.

2. download, install and update Microsofts antispyware and ewido 30 day trial from do a full scan with both programs.

3. download,install and update Nod32 antivirus trial from then before you hit the scan and clean button go into the tab called setup enabled all in the section called scan and all in the section threatscense scanning options. also go into extensions and tell it to scan all extensions. this will do a fully system scan.
last but not least install all windows updates.

hopefully this will sort it out.

Sophos identifies the problem as Troj/Krepper-Z. Follow lspook2's advice (and also delete the contents of C:\Windows\Prefetch after turning off System Restore).

How many installations of Windows do you have on this machine. I see it is looking in a folder called C:/Windows2 which may or may not be a problem depending on how you originally installed XP. Normally the install creates a C:/Windows folder not a Windows2 folder.

First you have a major issue. most of the stuff I have run across that use the VCC malware set up so they can not be deleted...even in DOS or SAFE mode...some of the first things they do is disable antivirus.
here is a good link for you

I use Unlocker

You need to find all files in Inet2003 folder and delete them. Unlocker gives the option of deleting them one at a time.

The files also like to hide in C:\Program Files\Common Files\

this is alot of info but may help

I would say good luck but the damage that gets done by this Malware it is easier to reformat and start over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back