Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed for a dumby !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Mar 17, 2009
ES
Hi all.

I'm new to this and I am trying to create a piece of art work for screen printing but am not having any luck at all.
I am trying to convert this image 1.
To a similar image like this one 2.

I'm not used to using corel draw12 and am having nothing but problem's with it. I understand I have to convert it to vector format but I just cant seem to get the right effect I have a us screen printing institute dvd which covers alot of corel but only basic images. it does not show you how to convert photo images to vector. Any help would be much appreciated. As I said yes I am dumby to all of this so any help wuld be great.

You need the trace tool, though I'm not sure where you would find it in version 12.

It was a separate program (CorelTrace) in older releases and may appear in the Corel applications group in your Start menu. If not, you may need to go back and reinstall making sure to select the trace program.

In X4 it is integrated into CorelDraw. Select the bitmap you want to trace and look for several trace options under the Bitmaps menu.

But bear in mind that if you're not printing these FOR Adidas, you will be breaking their copyright if you make copies of an image that could be recognised as an Adidas product. You might get away with it for personal use, but definitely not something you should offer for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back