Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Need to collect fields in all records in result set...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evasyar

Programmer
Oct 31, 2002
US
Here's the problem:

In our AcuODBC linked tables, our narrative fields consists of 80-character length strings in one "Narrative" table record, of which consists of thirty of these fields. My task is to collect all the non-null entries of all these "Narrative" fields, in all records returned in a given result set.

The thing is in Crystal 8.0, the main report, or even a subreport addresses one record at a time, so per each page I can only collect/display/print those thirty fields in one record. I am trying to gather all fields (if they are not null) of all the "Narrative" records in this result set.

One solution I tried thus far is creating a dynamic array to collect any of these fields that are not null, but as I mentioned, one page addresses one record at a time, hence my efforts on my array becomes moot.

Are there other ways I can possibly tackle this problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back