Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help need for CICS W/2 door phones and 7406

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBiker

Instructor
Mar 8, 2002
US
It’s been a while since I last worked on a CICS and I just can’t seem to get 2 door phones or a 7406 to work. I installed 2 Norstar door phones (Ext.'s 230 & 231) with no controllers (DOC) today, and when I got the door phones connected (after testing the Ext.’s with a 7316) I could not get them to ring a single set. I went in to feature 9*4 and the system found the door phones (230 & 231) and then I set the rings to 5 and the page to none. But the customer wants all the phones to be rung by the door phones so I set up a HG (HG 290), so I added all the sets (except the door phones) to that HG and then changed the F9*4 call Ext to 290. When I press the button on the door phone I get a tone from the door phone, but none of the sets in HG 290 ring (I did check the HG member sets and they do have a HG appearance button). Any thoughts?

Then, the 7406 just says “scanning” on the screen. I plugged a 7316 in to the port for the 7406 and it works fine. Am I missing a step for the 7406?

thanks,

B~

a. what happens when you dial 290 from a regular phone?

b. have you sent the SS code to the base? Do you have the 7406 set to the correct handset ID?

#1 Your doorphones need to be assigned a call Dn of an extension within the system that is not in use, then the phones you want to ring need an answer DN for the DN that does not actually have anything tied into it except being the call DN.

#2 Your T7406 should have come with an Addendum if you purchased it new, this tells you how to install it, Key to the cordless, you must setup the password, set ss code, I will usually make both of the 111111, then you must unplug the base plug it back in and hit Send SS Code within 15 seconds of plugging the power into the base and Hold the OK Button down till it says ok.

norstarguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back