Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help! my system hung when compiling an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hortensiam

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
AR
Hi!
When I compile my VB6 application, my system hung !!
It doesn't happen before !!!
Does anybody know Why?

Does it hang when you choose "Start with full compile" in the IDE? If so, it's possible that one of your source files is truncated or corrupt. Create a new project and add each of your forms and modules and recompiling until one fails. You might also open each file in notepad and scroll to the bottom of the file and see if you're missing something -- the last line should be an End Sub or End Function.

If it does not hang in the IDE when starting with full compile, try deleting the exe before you start the compile.

Are you compiling to a local drive? My system hangs also but only when I try to make an EXE to a network drive.

John

Thanks Bbaggins and Santor!
I created a new project and add each of the forms and modules and recompiled it, and I `ve resolved my problem.
Another Question.....
In the IDE when I choose a form for edit theirs controls, the cursor became in a "+" and when I click inside the form arise an error exception in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back