Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help my hdd is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve2006

Technical User
Nov 30, 2006
GB
I have a 40gb maxter diamond max hard drive and a 6gb fujitsu. Since putting in the fujitsu and using it as a boot disk my pc has been crashing. i thought it was the maxter so started to defrage it. after about 3% it crashed. now my 40gb hdd is totally dead and i cant even pick it up! i have some very valuble pics on there which were backed up on my 6gb disk but i reinstalled windows a few days ago tto see if i could fix the prob and never did back them up again! do you guys know any way i could possibly recover the data i ahve lost on the harddrive? please please help me.

Hi

Please can you post the details of the exact model number this will help me identify what may be wrong.

Also it will have a coloured sticker on the edge of the drive, i will need that to.

Does the drive spin? or is it lifeless?

And never, ever, ever defrag a drive that is in a data recovery situation!!!! EVER.

Hi
I have a Seagate 250Gb s-ata disk that is "dead", from my HP media center pc. I got a pci-card to put into my Fujitsu computer so I could connect the sata-disk. Now my problem is that my Fujitsu-computer won´t start as long as the "dead" drive is connected. How do I get the computer to start with this drive connected?

Thank you

/Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back