Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help My Data base is locked up and showing a 3800 error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phideaux

Technical User
May 1, 2003
US
I need some good technical advive on this problem PLEASE help me solve this problem.

3 times in the last few days my data base has locked up and displayed the following message "AOIndex is not an index in this table" I've had to delete the data base the previous times and begin to use the most recent back up. But i need to find out what is doing this to my data base. the only thing that i'm aware that has changed is that one of the users has recently gotten a new computer. it uses Access 2002 instead of using Access 2000.
when i try to open the DB the message comes onscreen and the DB won't open. i've found an error 3800 error code. i'm wondering what deleted my table or what the program is looking for.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Phideaux

The mind is the best toy.
Play with someone else's often

Is the user's Access 2002 still looking at Access files in Access 2000 file format? Access 2002 by default looks at Access files in Access 2000 file format, but if this has been changed in the program's Options (Tools>Options...>Advanced), this could impact it.

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back