Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Multiple Bridge Appearance Woes! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe1982

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2018
US
1st time poster long time viewer, needing help with crazy bridge appearance condition. Avaya, Site Administration, v6.0.07

Here is the setup
I have two station. 1 is a leader (station 1111), the other is an admin (station 2222). The admin phone is a model 9641. The admin phone is setup with BUTTON ASSIGNMENTS:

1: call-appr
2: call-appr
3: call-appr
4: brdg-appr B:1 E:1111
5: brdg-appr B:2 E:1111
6: directory
7: next
8: call-disp

Here is the problem:
A call comes in that dialed 555-555-1111 (the leaders direct line). Both the leader phone and the admin phone ring at the same time. The admin picks up on 2222. The admin decides the leader should get this call and presses the [Transfer] softkey. This opens a second line, the admin types in the leaders extension (1111) and it automatically rolls to the leaders voicemail.

What used to happen before it magically stopped working
A call comes in that dialed 555-555-1111 (the leaders direct line). Both the leader phone and the admin phone ring at the same time. The admin picks up on 2222. The admin decides the leader should get this call and presses the [Transfer] softkey. This opens a second line, the admin types in the leaders extension (1111) and it starts ringing on (1111). The admin presses the [COMPLETE] softkey.

As a workaround, we just eliminated the 2nd brdg-appr on button 5, and that seemed to solve the problem. But I can't figure out what changed. There were no system updates, no system downtime, or backups restored or anything of that nature. So I am thinking whatever the change is must have been at the station/user level. Which ultimately left me with this unsolved mystery ...

answer the call, put it on hold, the call can be answered at the principal on the call-appr, it can be answered at the brdg-appr on the other voice-terminals with this button. Transferring the call to the number it is already on, will cause it to cover if there are no buttons available.

Make sure when you use brdg-appr buttons that neither station covers to the other station, then to voicemail.
Pick a feature, use coverage or use brdg-appr buttons. There are many options for ringing and maintaining SBA (simulated bridged appearance) at the principal.

(see display system-parameters coverage) These options affect users system wide.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

44 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 34 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Many Thanks! I will dig into what you have written above and using that advice play with a similar test setup we put together.

Thank you for writing back and providing insight into root cause :)

Have a great day! REPPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back