Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Moving CCR to a new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeIreland

Technical User
Oct 30, 2007
IE
Hi All,
saturday afternoon and working on this since yesterday. getting stuck and running out of ideas so help really appreciated. I have a CCR IPO v2 with 50 agents on ccr v7.0.22. I started off with 2003Server, 4gb ram and 2008 SQLExpress R2, yes I know. We didn't expect this increase in users. Lot of calls so the DB is on 8GB at the moment and getting constant reporting errors, delays, etc. SQL keeps crashing also. The voicemail is installed on the same server so rebooting is an issue. I have a new server 2008 with full SQL2008R2. Ideally I want to have 2 Hyper V instances running, 1 for CCR and 1 for VM, both 2008 server. I backed up the database on the live CCR express server db and tried to import into the new sql express server, but getting errors.

first error that shows is printer discovery then a Avaya SBCCUser login, see here

I installed SQL first then CCR with empty database. I then imported the database. I tried doing it the other way by installing CCR first, then importing the database but got major errors, that's the beauty of hyperv,you just restore a snapshot. I have multiple taken so I can easily switch back to any state.

help!

Dave

ok, I've fixed the login issue, checked the traces in sql and found a different login user so just created that and matched the permissions of the sa user, not sure if a 2nd sa is needed or security issue arises so may lock it back to AvayaSBCCRT user level, but hey it's working. keep in mind this has to be done also

I also now set the database in sql studio to be up to 70gb in size but on the web interface for ccr it won't let me set a database higher than 10240mb. anyone know where else I can change it?

I think 10GB is the max size you can set it to. Its crazy, because the actual SQL DB will keep on growing. I had a customer with a 22GB SQL DB and we just gave up and put Chronicall in.....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

10 GB is defined because for SQL express 2008 maximum database size is 10GB. If it is full blown SQL then that limit in CCR WebClient doesn't matter. It will grow till the specified size in SQL without problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back