Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorga73

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
RO
i working on a cluster.....two ibm netfinity servers and one storage(ten hdd by 17Gb). I created a domain and one web site. The problem is my site isn't work. My clients can't access on my site. I registred in my DNS server but not working. Where is wrong. I wrong? Please help me...
I specify work with private ip adress 192.168.101.... .And my clients are members in my domain. W2K Avd Serv & W2k Proff.....
thank you.........my mail is foxylast@b.astral.ro

Can your users access the web server by typing If they can do this, then you have a problem with the DNS. If they cannot although they can still ping the server, there may be a problem with your webserver configuration.

hi,
you speak about: cluster, domain, webserver, and DNS.
How these task are obtained ? The cluster does it web and domain services ? If yes I think it is not correct, or better i would not do.

The cluster is indicated for: Print Server, File Server,
Application Server.

For domain redouncence, use 2 server (no need ADV server).
For WEB use or just 1 server or 2 ADV in load balance.
Load balance cannot coexist with MSCS. In this case, if you have a cluster for above tasks (print,file,application), you can use it also for IIS, but it is not the best.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back