Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ME WITH PUBLIC KEY !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

narine

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2004
AM
Hello all.
I have a person in my server's address book / domino directory , domino r5/ , i have that person in my local addres book in notes 5 ,too. That person's public key was changed and i replace again his information from his server's address book to my server's address book, but i don't replace it to my local address book. Can I send encrypted mail from my local station using server'a address book address? I try that way, but that person can not open mail . When i refresh taht address in my local addres book, all works fine . WHY ?

Hello,

It sounds like his Public Key in his local ID file doesn't match the key in your NAB. I would analyze the two to see if they match.

Rgds,

John

Check your location document, the mail tab to see if your recipient name lookup is set to "Stop after first match"
When looking up addresses for name resolution, Notes always accesses the personal address book first, and if you're set to 'stop after first match' then that is what it will use to send the message, and if you've selected to encrypt, that's the key that gets used. If you change that setting to 'exhaustively check all address books' then you will get a popup upon clicking SEND which prompts you to choose which address to use, if a duplicate is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back