Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me with my CISCO-PBX configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

josecarlo

Programmer
Aug 22, 2000
PE
Hi,
I have a connection between an FXS port of router CISCO 2600 and an analog trunk of my PBX which model is an ALCATEL 4200. I'm using a PLAR connection. This link usually works fine, but sometimes my PBX remains with the trunk busy or blocked after being used it. I think there's a configuration mismatch between these equipments but I need more help with this because the only way I know to fix this is making a reset of the PBX port.
Bye.

JOSE CARLOS ARAMBURU
josecarloaa@hotmail.com

Check out Disconnect Supervision. This is a feature on all newer PBX's. This should be a built-in feature, not a progamming issue.

After call disconnect on the far end, the PBX needs to supervise the port and disconnect it on the PBX end. Otherwise, it remains in its connected mode. Resetting the port simply resets the connect mode.

If Disconnect Supervision is the problem, it should be appear on all ports. It may be a random event, however, due to the fact that "disconnect" has the electrical meaning of some change in loop values. Long lines and line condition can mask the disconection and so only occasionally cause the problem. Hence the need for active supervision of the line.

Best
MikeM

Correct, a CO disconnect is needed to drop the line.
However using a PLAR might create some trouble because I
think ( not totally sure that you can put a disconnect on the line) I would check with the equipment vendor to verify.

The reason I say that is because I just went through some
Adtran training and we had the same trouble on a PLAR connected to an Atlas 550 that did not have a timer setting. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Thanks,

I've tested your suggestions but my PBX has hundreds of options and I couldn't find any related to line disconnection (or something like that).

Don't you think the problem could be in the timer settings? The task is a little hard because there are several timers and some of them are difficult to test. Remember that the connection usually works fine. (I don't know which call will cause my port to block).

Suggestions will be apreciated.

JOSE CARLOS ARAMBURU

JOSE CARLOS ARAMBURU
josecarloaa@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back