Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastbayrk

Technical User
Jan 22, 2008
US
Hey Andrew,

I Need to place someone else's art into a template. The thing is the other clients art is already created using a lot of clipping masks. I want to take this art and place it into our template using a clipping mask. each time i do however i get a message saying:

The Selection cannot contain objects within different groups unless the entire group is selected.

Again I am taking a really complicated job i.e. many many vector points and groups, and Clipping mask them to our template. I figured that the error message ment that all the vectored groups need to be ungrouped and then regrouped to one object and then clipping masked to the template but i get the same message. Any idea?

okay figured it out after a day of messing with it. I just took the other template and masked that over the cliet art rather then what i was doing vice versa.

So ah nevermind my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back