Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!McAfee Virusscan stops after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPiet

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
NL
Mcafee stops after reboot. The on access scan is disabled.
On our ePO server everythings turned into default.
Could this be caused by dat 4715?????

Is this occuring for all the PCs or just a couple? Is this problem only on a client PC managed by ePO or the ePO Server itself?

If this is on the client itself, verify the following services are started and running:

McAfee Framework Service
Network Associates McShield
Network Associates Task Manager

If they are stopped, try restarting the service and then enable the On-Access Scanner. Then try a reboot to see if the problem reoccurs again.

If you are unable to restart the three McAfee services, it may be possible that the DAT files were corrupted on that PC. You can verify that in the Application Event Viewer log (or was that the System Event Viewer log) where there is an error indicating something about corrupted scan engine or something. (I can't remember the exact wording.)

If this is the case, download and run the latest SuperDAT file with the /F switch. Eg. SDAT4719.exe /F (This forces the replacement of all DAT/engine files on the PC, which may be corrupted.)

Let's see if this helps for starters.

Found the cause!

At my ePO server al settings were fallen back to default.
The setting Enable on access scan was gone.

That's why it didn't work.

Reason???????I don't know. I am the only administrator for this job.

was ity a new install of epo and forgot to click the "Apply" button at the top of the page, I've done it a million times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back