Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - MAS90 on WindowsXP - Unable To Initialize Viewer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikU19

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
Hello Everyone,
I'm having a problem using MAS90 on a Windows XP machine we just installed. Upon trying to use the print preview (i forget the exact name but its the equivalent) in a module a new dialouge box opens and quickly generates an error saying "unable to initialize viewer". After clicking ok the application will remain locked until Windows XP promps with a ProvideX error stating PVXWIN32.EXE as the culprit. I installed a new version of ProvideX but that did not change anything. I was logged in as the network administrator so i highly doubt it is a permissions/write problem. The version on the server/desktop is 3.70. THe machine has XP SP1 with all the latest cirtical updates.

We have 98 machines that have no problem with the MAS90 programs. This XP machine is the first of many to be installed and we cannot move forward until this problem is solves.

Thanks for all the help

Guru,
No mutliple displays here. I have tried it on several workstations all with different hardware. No Luck. Orion (support for MAS90) gave a fix sguuesting to rename the SWPVUR.LIB file in SAO, and then reinstall the library master. I'm heistant to do this because not any existing workstations are having ANY problems, only these new XP ones.

I also downloaded new printer drivers and installed the printer via direct TCP/IP to bypass the share on the server. Same Error. Running out of ideas :)

Check the rights. What happens if you log in as Administrator. Version 3.61 and higher are supported under XP so it shouldn't be a compatibility issue.

I've seen (lack of) user rights do some funny things and produce errors such as these.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

I am logged in as the Administrator of the domain. We havent gotten far enough to test it with a regular user account ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back