Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help- made FMX2004 games, have highscore board, need help database

Status
Not open for further replies.

PmtAce

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
I am pretty new to flash and php, but I know the basics of both. I have made plenty of flash games, but I am having trouble making a highscore board in which the scores will save. When I simply save them as a var( var highscore; highscore = 10 (or whatever)) they are lost when I leave and/or refresh the page. I have been told to make a database to store the highscores and then retrieve them. However, I do not know how to do this. I have never set up any databases before, but my server does support them and php. The server I run off of is byethost.
I also have been told to do an Access database. I know that php uses mysql databases, but I have no idea what to do.
What I need to know is how to set up a database, how to send variable in flash to it, and how to retrieve them in flash. Thanks in advance.

On the site I found something that explains how to send variables from flash to php. It is much simpler than I thought it would be. However I cant find something that explains how to connect/ make a database. Thanks for the other reply, it has solved half of my problems.
The place that showed me how to send the variables:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back