Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help MAC won't mount file server

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyd3r

Technical User
Jan 4, 2005
US
Hi All,

I've been fighting this MAC problem ever since we upgraded to a Win 2003 server. The G-4 laptop is running OS X.

I can't seem to make the mac mount the server. It can see it and tries to mount but errors before it connects.

I'm not mac oriented. If anyone has any ideas and/or has sucessfully mounted a mac to a win 2003 server please let me know how this is done.

Thanks!

Thanks bofhrevenge2! I managed to get the mac on the network and I really appreciate your reply!

Which version of OSX? 10.3 makes everything a whole lot easier.

I deleted and reinstalled to make the mac log on.

In order to make the mac see anything i had to move shared and personal folders to the mac volume.

I got on those links and kept surfing until I thought maybe I had done something wrong in the first place which is why I went with the reinstall.

Thanks Again!!!

Travis, not sure what version of OS X she is using. :(

Did you install the Microsoft UAM on the MAC? The Apple UAM works but the MS UAM gives full security and allows the user to use Windows shares. Of course, you still need to install file and print for MAC on the Server.

Marty
Network Admin
Hilliard Schools

Of course, you still need to install file and print for MAC on the Server. "

Unless it is OSX 10.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back