Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP M3700 -Serial Communication with rs232 (DB25) and rj45 end

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewComer01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2017
VN
Dear All,

Recently, I have bought a new WS that brand named IG (not Micros), I have configured something on POS CFG and srartRES is running but I have an issue with receipt printer as below:

1. There is no serial DB9 port on this IG ws, so I have used a converter DB9 <--> RJ45 end
2. Conennect my slip printer (Epson TM-U295 -this printer is working well) as DB25 <--> DB9 <--> RJ45 end on IG ws
3. Already created a new customer receipt and Guest check printer then assign them to this new User WS
4. Do a Micros confidence Test for COM port SLIP is okay
5. But the error show as "serial port currently unavailable" whenever doing a PRINT CHECK or PAYMENT

Could you pls advise what I missing?
Can I make a CAT5 cable with rs232-DB25 and RJ45 end to connect direct a slip printer to my WS?

Thanks so much for your advice in advance.

update: I can now print a check and payment :)

But The error appears "the check not in place" after printed a check (or payment) I have to press "RESUME" two (or three) times to finish the settle.

Can you share any your experience about this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back