Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! Listner dies after making a connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifxtechie

Technical User
Dec 22, 2000
US
Hi
I need some help. I am trying to access the db using JSP through Tomcat webserver. Once my JSP makes connection, the listner dies. The same thing happens with Java program also. I have to restart the listner through services and again i have to run my jsp.I don't know where the problem is.
History : I just added one more connection to another db and I removed. Then I was getting the error as
'Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection - oracle error in jdbc '
The userid and password and the URL is perfectly correct.[Even now I get this error whenever I try to make new db connection in Oracle JDeveloper.]
Environment : Windows-2000, Oracle 9i, Tomcat, Oracle J Developer, java 1.3.1_01.
Can anybody tell me how to retain the listner so that a continuos connection is there
thanks in advance
Partha

Parthasarathy

Check jdbc driver version. Download and install the latest one.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back