Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Link/Import Access Database to Frontpage or VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezyflo

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
US
OK. So I created this wonderful database. It is has a form that the user would go in and select their “Property classification” from a dropdown combo box, input their property value in a text box and click a button to calculate their various taxes, which are also displayed on the form.

I have the property classification and various rates stored in tables. The form is based off a parameter query - Where if Combo box = “this” – use this rate and that rate. I also have all my calculations in the query.

I have this wonderful form, now I want to have this available on the web. I’ve read some stuff on ASP, and Frontpage. I have no idea about how to go about doing this.

My database just contains the information I need to make the calculations – based off what the user selects in the Combo box. I am not writing anything to it, updating or deleting anything. Maybe I used the wrong program to begin with, but any how, here I am.

Is there a way to create the user form on Frontpage or VB and link my database info to it and have it work like my form in Access, where they would select the property classification in the combo box, input their property value and click a button to display the calculations? And how would I go about doing this?

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back