Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP !! Large emails won't go through WIN2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kontko

Programmer
Mar 23, 2001
US
I have a WIN2000 server setup in a small SOHO supporting 10 WIN 98 clients that run Outlook Express for mail. The WIN2000 server is the only server in the small LAN, and is running Network Address Translation with the Internet COnnetion server option. The server has a DSL connection to the internet, and the clients access the internet through the RRAS and NAT. When receiving small emails, they are sent successfully to the client machines. However, when sending large Emails (an emails with an attachment of say 50 kb), Outlook express just sits there waiting for the mail. It finally times out after 60 seconds with the message that it timed out communicating with the POP3 server.

Does anyone have any clue what I can look at (network buffer size, network monitoring, ?????).

Note: Outlook express is installed on the server also, and when I try to receive the email using outlook express on the server, it receives fine. It is only on the clients that the large mail is not received. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back