Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help ive been sending messages without knowing I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeBattery

Technical User
Aug 30, 2003
GB
Just logged into hotmail and got this message:

Hi.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

Undeliverable to nrdgqscuqn@freemail.com

Message follows:

It was a 144k message, am I sending spam for someone else? I have zone alarm set to stealth and mcafee virus scann fully updates and no spyware detetcted with spybot

You might want to change your firewall to Tiny Personal Firewall. I find it works better than Zone Alarm.
You will want to check your startup list (run msconfig) and verify each and every entry in there. Remove anything suspicious and restart your PC to find out what has changed.
Check your Services panel to find out if something wierd is running there too. I would definately disable Remote Registry Editing, and any other Remote access service.
That said, it may just be a new form of spam with an attachment to trick you.

Pascal.

This is probably from a virus on someone else's computer. What they do is use that computers address book to send emails with the address book entries as the sender. So, someone who has your email address has a virus and is sending out these, with the virus attached maybe, to other people.
The problem is you can never find out who it was who sent it.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back