Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP....IT IS ALIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecherisher

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
SG
Hey..I am currently using Cisco router 1720,the previous adminstartor didn't leave any password behind.I have managed get into the Router Using Ctr+break command when the router boot's up..After that it displayed Rom> i typed
(Confreg ****)...The point is I am able logged into the router..of course when I type sh run or sh start...I was unable to see any Ip setting's,I presume that all the previous information is erased.After I confiqure the IP setting's and use "copy run start" command when I logged off the console...the confiqurations are still there.....
But when I power-down the router....all the Information is lost.......Could some kind soul tell me is there a command
or a way to save my configurations withOUT being erased when the router boot's up or shut-down....

You need to get the config register back to 2102, using the sequence:

router> enable
router# conf t
router (config)# config-register 2102
router(config)# CTRL-Z
Router# copy run start

If you restart the router now, it will read the config as it starts up. The config register setting you had used to break in causes it to bypass the config at startup, and so ignore any password.

EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back