Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!! Issues exporting to custom XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausdimarys

Programmer
Jun 15, 2006
US
Hello,

I am trying to export a report to a XML file but it has 2 details sections (detailsa and detailsb). I have some fields in the details header to export as elements.. If I use text it will work but if I use a field coming from my list of fields for the report it never gets exported.

Does anyone knows the solution PLEASE?

Thanks!

How does text differe from "field coming from my list of fields"? Do you mean a text object?

I guess you might try palcing the fields into a text object then...

-k

Hi, thanks for your reply. If you check the XML Expert option and tried to add a new attribute to Details Header element you will have three possibilities for the instance value: field, text and default value.

Using the option text will work, if I use the option field and select one from the list box it will fail. Remember this will happen to me if I have 2 detail sections and I am adding the attributes to the Detail Header.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back