Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help ISDN Dial UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesharris10

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
GB
I have a ISDN Cisco 800 router and have configured it with all the correct setting, for example IP address, next hop address, chap authent and dialer map addresses, however every time I try to connect to the isp the router will not connect.

Any suggestions

try using some basic debugging tools with ISDN (show ISDN status, debug ISDN q921, etc) to see exactly what is going on (is the problem at Layer 1, Layer 2, or Layer 3 of ISDN)?

If you pass all those tests, next thing to check is authentication issues (username/password, pap, chap, etc).

I agree with dogbert2 I would start at the bottom and work my way up. Check cable connections, try a different cable. Look at the LED's on the router itself then go up to debugging q921 and q931.

I have used all the debugging tools and it seems like I have not created any static routes. I have entered this IP route but when I do a show ip route its not displaying the correct information IP Route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 165.3.2.5

Does anyone know how to create a gateway for last resort address.

Have you configured a dialer-map cmd. This would look something like
dialer-map ip 165.3.2.5 broadcast 55512345

The reason for this cmd is because if your isdn is not up it cant find the default router. Also have you configured your dial-list to define interesting traffic? Let me know if this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back