Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP: INTERNAL ERROR: BAD TABLE INDEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pubah

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
BR
Hi,

Im trying to print a three files document (created with book command from the utilities menu) and Pagemakers 6.52 is refusing to do it.
Pagemaker shows me a nervous breakdown dialog box saying "An error occurred while printing -> Internal error: Bad Table index".

Important: After the fist error message, I back to book list and realize that NONE OF THE PREVIOUS SELECTED FILES REMAINS IN THE BOOK LIST... Then i remake the book list including the previous selected files.... Then i print again and.... Here comes the nervous breakdown dialog box... Again... I back to the book list and... Well... All files have gone...

I just need print to a Xerox Docucolor (on file) printer to generate my ps and send the dirty low rez pdf to my client ritgh now...

Any help?

Thanks a lot...

pubah
Ps.: Please... I know InDesign is better... :)))

Pubah (love the name) - I have never used the book function so can't really help you I'm afraid. My understanding is that the book function is used for really large documents. At the risk of making a stupid suggestion - if your individual files are not too big, can you combine them into one for the sake of the printing?

OR

Make each PM file into a PDF, and assuming you have access to the full Acrobat, combine the PDFs?? (Go to 'Insert pages' in Acrobat). And then print from that?

>>> Eggles (TechnicalUser) Apr 29, 2003

>>> Pubah (love the name)

Hi Eggles

It comes from a dream!!! I was sleeping in 1996 ( at the time i used to sleep every night... :) and then I dream about a character who dominate a Kingdoom in the middle EaSt... He was a kind of Spitirual GURU and he was refered as THE GREAT PUBAH... So I like the dream and adopted pubah as my nickname.... : )

>>> - I have never used the book function so can't really help you I'm afraid. My understanding is that the book function is used for really large documents. At the risk of making a stupid suggestion - if your individual files are not too big, can you combine them into one for the sake of the printing?

Well, my files are huge... I use oldware to do my design jobs (AMD k6 500 512MBRAM 30GB Barracuda Drive and my beloved ATI 4mb 1996(!!) PC Magazine Editors Choice All in Wonder Video Card (!!!!))

So dont matter how big it is, every file is a huge file for my kind of machine...:)))

I use to split 10-15 MB files into 3 PM652 docs -- in fact not only because my hardware is old, but because Adobe Pagemaker today is a oldguy from the 80's...

Like me...:))

I will print the files and combine the three ones in Acrobat... Actually I'm doing it right now...

But BOOK UTILITY is less time consuming...

And is not nervous breakdown...

Many thanks!

pubah
rio de janeiro - brazil

>>>...and then I dream about a character who dominate a Kingdoom in the middle EaSt... He was a kind of Spitirual GURU and he was refered as THE GREAT PUBAH...<<<

This is bringing on a sense of deja vu (it sounds familiar). I am sure that I have heard the term before - just can't think where.

>>>I use oldware to do my design jobs (AMD k6 500 512MBRAM 30GB Barracuda Drive and my beloved ATI 4mb 1996(!!) PC Magazine Editors Choice All in Wonder Video Card (!!!!))<<<

Doesn't sound much different to the system I had until a couple of months ago (PIII 550, 20GB HD, TNT2 8MB video card and 128MB RAM) - except you have STILL got more RAM than I have even on my current system (384MB RAM, but I now have a 1.2GHz processor).

Glad to hear you've seem to have overcome the problem.

Eggles
Melbourne, Australia

>>>...and then I dream about a character who dominate a Kingdoom in the middle EaSt... He was a kind of Spitirual GURU and he was refered as THE GREAT PUBAH...<<<

>>>>>>> This is bringing on a sense of deja vu (it sounds familiar). I am sure that I have heard the term before - just can't think where.

In fact pubah was also a character from the motion picture THE LION KING. But I'm the first PUBAH and, as a 32 years old guy, i really dont have time to spend with Disney's movies...:)))

>>>I use oldware to do my design jobs (AMD k6 500 512MBRAM 30GB Barracuda Drive and my beloved ATI 4mb 1996(!!) PC Magazine Editors Choice All in Wonder Video Card (!!!!))<<<

>>>>>>> Doesn't sound much different to the system I had until a couple of months ago (PIII 550, 20GB HD, TNT2 8MB video card and 128MB RAM) - except you have STILL got more RAM than I have even on my current system (384MB RAM, but I now have a 1.2GHz processor).

Good! Im not alone in the oldhardware world!!!! :)

>>>>>>> Glad to hear you've seem to have overcome the problem.

Thank you very very much!
pubah

OK, if you guys were as old as me and watched Happy Days in real time (not reruns), you would remember that Mr. C was the Grand Pubah of his organization of the Grand Knights of something-or-other. he wore a really hilarious hat to his meetings.

I'm not really sure ANY club or organization had a Grand Pubah as its leader, but it always sounded funny to me!

I bet I AM as old as you (if not older) and I certainly remember the original 'Happy Days'. May be that was why the name Grand Pubah sounded so familiar!

Whalll!!!

I live in Brazil and watched many series in my childhood.

If Happy Days was a serie about guys from the sixties... Then I watched ít in the late 70s... I really really dont remenber the name Grand Pubah, but its possible that the dream was influencied by my unconscius childhood memories.

Its really strange: to use this kind of forum to talk about things like that!!!! Its not about dtp anymore, its a kind of psychoanalysis session!!! :)))

GOOD! And its totally free!!! :))

Thank you angler 2229 and thank you eggles!!!
:))
pubah (maybe not the first) but THE GREAT!!!!!! :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back