Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help installing harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapster

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
Having big trouble now... i bought a new hd ... installed xp on it and all went well.... i went to disk managment to see what happened to my other 2 hds and it said that they were healthy but i need to format them. =\ i cant format 1 hd is a 320 gig ide and another is a 500 gig sata they're filled with important information and i kno that i dont need to format a hd everytime i install a new operating system. If anyone can help plz help me i really cant format these drives.

If you had a product called GoBack installed on your prior OS, it either has to be reinstalled or somehow removed from the old drives.

In other cases that seem to be cropping up very often in recent months, the now inaccessible partitions were formatted NTFS by the prior system. I've yet to see a resolutiuon to this problem other than resorting to data recovery software. GetDataBack from has been used by many successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back