Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP INSTALLING 2ND DOM/PO; USE SAME GWIA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronstid

MIS
Nov 25, 2002
US
I am using NW6.5/SP2, GW6.5/SP2. We have 1 tree, 1 GW domain and post office, but 5 satellite offices. We are wanting to setup another domain/post office, but use the same GWIA for the outgoing/incoming mail. Is this do-able?

Yes, not only is it Do-able, it's the way most people do it. It's the beautiful thing about GroupWise -- scales very easily.

I assume that your one remote office has a Netware server and it's part of the same tree?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Yes, it's on the same tree. The GWIA is on a Windows box. Can you get me started in the right direction?

You will need to use ConsoleOne to create the new domain and Post office. In the process, it will ask you to specify the location.. Just point it to somewhere on the Remote server like EMAIL:GRPWISE\DOM and EMAIL:GRPWISE\PO for example.

Make sure you're connected to your Primary domain so the secondary domain (the one you create) will be linked to it correctly. You don't want two separate GroupWise systems.

Then you'll need to install the agents on the actual server where they will run at the remote office. During the install, you have the opportunity to tell it where the domain and po are located and what the names are. It will create the necessary startup config files for you and you should be set.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

My 2cents is that every GW system should run at least one Secondary domain. If you have ever had a Primary get so mangled that even a rebuild would not help, a Secondary will look like a brilliant gem @ that time.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

When this is done, will this mail use the same GWIA that is on the Windows box? Is there anything special I need to do for that (settings, etc.)?

Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out. I appreciate the assistance!

Okay, I know this should be easy, but I'm having problems. I created my objects, but the edirectory counterparts don't show up. They are stuck in Pending Operations.

Any ideas? Do I need to install the agents on the server first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back